Thursday, October 8, 2009

new PB for 5k TT!

I am pretty stoked right now. At lunchtime today I re-tested my 5k run time with a TT. It was slightly wind assisted (favourable, with a maybe 10 knot breeze blowing over my right shoulder most of the time) but I broke my record. Yeah! Previous best was 20:20, this time 19:51min. The magic 20min barrier is broken. This has been a long standing small goal of mine. So I am quite chuffed.

That lifts my V-Dot (see http://www.attackpoint.org/trainingpaces.jsp?dist=5000&units=meters&time=19%3A51 ) up to 50.25. I therefore should be capable of a 3:10hr marathon and a 1:31 Half, at least in theory. But what I now do, is re-calculate all my running pace zones. The bar has just been lifted! "...It never gets easier, you just go faster..."

Had a great massage last night and had the creases ironed out. Andrew was brutal. But did the job. That was preceded by a solid 2k swim, where I did 3 x 400m sets on 7:45. Arms were fatigued, but I felt strong. Looked at the program later and saw that I was supposed to do 4 x 300m! Doh! Swim TT tomorrow night...

1 comment: